If you can’t find a job that matches what you’re searching for, use our quick application.
Chicago, IL 60602
Perform electrical and mechanical maintenance, installation, troubleshooting and preventative/predictive maintenance; involving Electrical/Controls- PLC, Production Equipment, Mechanical, Hydraulic/Pneumatic, Welding
1. Ensure operations of machinery and mechanical /electrical equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements, motors pneumatic, tools, conveyors system and production of machines, following diagramas, sketches, operation manuals, manufacturers instructions and engineering specifications, trouble shooting malfuncitons.
2. Locate sources of problemsby observing electrical/ mechanical devices in operattion listerning for problems by observing using measuring testing instruments
3. Remove defective parts by dismating devices using hoist, cranes and hand power tools, examinining form and texture of parts
4. Determine changesin dimentional requirements of parts by inspecting use parts
5. Supports and is committed to Plant safety, health, environmental, security and quality principles.
6. Installs new or used equipment and innovations on existing equipment.
7. Operates all types of mobile equipment including Fork lifts, lifting platforms and baskets lifts. Also various height ladders.
8. Fabricates fixtures, tables, work cells or assembly lines from Plant Layout drawings and sketches.
9. Develops, implements and troubleshoots manufacturing programs for high-speed changeovers.
10. Facilitates continuous process and safety improvement functions on all equipment, processes and facility including Lock Out / Tag Out and OSHA Standards.
11. Communicates with managers and lead men to coordinate activities of individual work cells in all areas of Office and Plant.
12. Maintain complete personal tool inventory necessary to perform job functions.
13. Performs preventive maintenance procedures on building mechanical equipment on a scheduled basis; inspects belts, checks fluid levels, replaces filters, greases bearings, seals, etc.; repairs or replaces broken parts.
14. Completes daily, weekly and monthly checklists on building equipment preventative maintenance procedures and maintains records of scheduled maintenance.
15. Maintain inventory or contact info on repair equipment and supplies.
2-5 years experience in equipment maintenance
technical understanding, zeal and ability to deal with uncertanty
Basic understanding of safety procedures
Experience with power tools
Critical decision making ability